Pink Bracelets that I make to raise money for the American Cancer Society through team Etsy Project Embrace

Blu Jewel

Thursday, October 6, 2011

City of Hope - the Walk - Sunday, October 2






"Here we go"  this was the day I had been working for. I registered for the Walk, joined a team (Wells Fargo) and got my official walk t-shirt. I made keyfobs and sold them for contributions. My friend, Liz signed up to walk, and my husband Keith was there with us - giving us support all along the way, and taking pictures of us on his I-phone.
   The weather was great - for Phoenix. The walk started at 7:15 am, we actually started about 20 minutes later. The City of Hope said there were about 3500 registered walkers. We walked through the Phoenix zoo. So, it was lots of fun. By the time the day started getting warm, we were about finished with our walk.
  I am a 2-time survivor of breast cancer, and I am very thankful. There were many people and organizations that supported me along the way - I did not survive this journey alone. This walk is one of the many ways that I am paying it forward. I have also walked in the Komen Race for the Cure, The American Cancer Society's Making Strides for Breast Cancer, and I am a member of Etsy's Team Etsy Project Embrace - proceeds from some items in my Etsy shop are donated to the American Cancer Society.  This City of Hope walk raised money and awareness for all womens cancers.
 Here's to a future that is cancer-free for all of us - We can all look forward to that !

No comments:

Post a Comment